Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tiny Worlds

I see mountains in the horizon
And even though I know it’s all in my mind
They still make me smile

Off into the fury of the sky
I drive towards the sunset
Some nights are calmer than others
But every mile is a fight for light and life

Starry nights filled with friends
Starless nights filled with questions
Even nights filled with things I can’t quite remember
Float through the moon roof
Dissipating into thin air

Smoke billowing from the driver side window
As the night sky says its goodbyes
A sleepy winter suns awakens in a red haze
The preparatory moment leading up to a days work
Calms me with idling hums of the engine

Midday summer trips to nowhere
With windows down and music up
The wind whips through
Tangling thoughts of home in our hair

Inside here, I feel it
We live in worlds within worlds
Orbiting the planet in automobiles

No comments:

Post a Comment